Sunday 16 January 2011

My history with KOEI Warriors!

Joining the community of KOEI Warriors 4 years back really does seem longer to me. Having been so active and indulgent towards it is probably why.

Oct 2006 I had went through the life decision of creating a nickname and finally became part of the forum discussion after a time beforehand browsing KOEI Warriors. During that time I was already a member at the official US KOEI forums and browsed that side of GameFAQs, and thought why not, I still wished to comment and read more from what appeals to me, and that's where it all began.

http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/profile/83328/

Being so enthusiastic and absorbed by playing Dynasty Warriors 2 and then seeing all the improvements in the third of the Shin Sangokumusou series (known in Japan), I had not been that inclined to a particular gaming series since my times with Tomb Raider and Final Fantasy; which are both still favourites of mine presently. Though Dynasty Warriors 3 and the sheer amount of hours is what probably sent me in this direction and eventually lead me to the community. It's my most preferred title at this point still. Maybe lots to do with the sense of nostalgia.



I have literally bought every main title and expansion of this series, and other KOEI titles like Samurai Warriors as well. This gave me sort of permission to go deeper in the message comments and quickly, fuelled by passion, gather a vast number of posts within KOEI Warriors and countless other related sites.

After time I became a staff member of the founder, Insp. Chin's website, a close friend who now has a blog:  http://inspchin.wordpress.com/, and moved up from there trying to be as organized and friendly as possible. But moving up in rank is really not something I would say happened promptly at all. As I've said it seems to me like I have been doing this for far longer.

Nowadays after being drawn to the members and days passing, even attending events throughout London with other friends whom I met with similar hobbies, I'm now an administrator alongside a great team of hard working helpful staff who work voluntary to help promote TECMO KOEI's video games.

For the future of KOEI Warriors, who knows how long it will be around and where I will be, but in the meantime I'm looking forward to doing what I do and furthermore intrigued by the latest news that the Japanese team KOEI TECMO reveal. Like the incoming Dynasty Warriors 7 which I am really eager to see. Which it, Shin Sangokumusou 6 as known in the East, I will be discussing in my next post.



That is it for this update. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Insp. Chin --> http://inspchin.wordpress.com - link it lazy bum!

    ReplyDelete